|Voila! A capelet. Or mini-cloak, whichever you prefer.|
|doodling ideas... during Bible study (shhh!)|
Next I traced the pattern onto the fabric and the lining, using purple velveteen fabric that I already had (I bought it on sale years ago, intending to make a coat out of it). Leftover satin from my Warcraft Priest costume turned out to be excellent lining fabric. I sewed the lining pieces together, sewed the fabric pieces together, then sewed the fabric to the lining to make the cloak.
Lastly I needed some kind of clasp. I didn't have a chain or clasp that would work, and no time to drive to the craft store. So I took some extra fabric and made a nifty little flap with a button hole, and sewed on a couple of spare buttons I had in my button box.