Using strips of suedecloth, I started layering the strips to form the back of the cloak, then I sewed them together keeping the stitches underneath where the strips overlap so the stitches are not visible on the outside.
After finishing the back I added more strips around the shoulders and front, layering them symmetrically on both sides before attaching the hood.
For the hood I just made a basic Jedi hood and sized it down a bit.
Once everything was constructed I trimmed the ends and cut the ends like tapered curves because I thought that looked more like mist than a blunt squared edge.
Check out my Mistborn Costume post for pics of the completed costume!