I created this Superman logo for the new costume I am working on for Emerald City Comic Con. Here is a picture story of the process with notes below.
2. Secure the yellow satin in an embroidery hoop.
3. Draw the logo on the back side of red silk (or trace/use another piece of iron-on interfacing). Cut the logo out, leaving a 1/4-inch seam allowance on the outside of the diamond. Press the seam allowance under.
4. Secure the red logo onto the yellow satin with small straight pins/applique pins and handstitch it in place.
5. Cut the logo out, leaving a 1/2-inch or 5/8-inch border of yellow satin. Logo shown next to my husband's T-shirt which I referenced to create the template.
6. Align the logo on the blue fabric. Machine-stitch the top edge. Then press down along seam.
7. Press the rest of the yellow edges under, pin the logo in place on the blue fabric (top edge is already secured) and hand-stitch the rest of the edges down using small stitches.