This is a really fun and easy project! Here's what you need:
- Mini squirt guns! ( 3/$1 at Target dollar section, or 4/$2 in the party aisle. You can also buy them in bulk on http://orientaltrading.com )
- Small paint brush for acryllic paint (synthetic, not hair bristles)
- Black spray paint
- Acryllic craft paints in metallic colors (here I used silver, gold, and copper)
- Blue painter's tape
1. Mask off the tip of the gun with blue painter's tape so you don't paint it. In some states it is illegal to paint over the plastic tip because it makes the gun look too realistic.
2. Spray paint it black on one side (I do this in my garage on a large piece of cardboard, well away from the cars!)
3. Wait for it to dry.
4. Spray paint the other side black.
5. Wait for it to dry.
6. Dry-brush on silver paint all over the gun. This gives it a metallic look. (Put paint on the tip of the brush, dab it off on a paper towel, then dry-brush onto gun over the black. Don't get too much paint on the brush).
7. Add details with gold, copper, or bronze paint.