TadA! My cosplay is complete (although you guys may have seen it ages ago on the blog from the SakuraCon post back in April,) but here's my final post about making this cosplay. Actually it's the post processing of this photo to make it internet worthy.
As you can see here below here is the original photo I took. I used a timer and had to run back and forth trying many different poses and whatnot. I probably took 40 pictures and only ended up with a handful I liked. So how did I turn the bottom photo into the top photo?
- Layer 1, the original photo.
- I didn't actually do any manipulation here
- Layer 2, the border
- Found a border on the DeviantArt stock images (credit http://karma-manipulation.deviantart.com/art/Grunge-Border-156054027)
- From the stock images I inverted the colors and softy erased out the center white area. I let the middle fade out as to not create any solid lines
- Layer 3 Logo
- I took the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Icon from online, removed the excess background
- Layer 4, the color
- I overlayed a pink color with a 20% transparency